Nominations must be submitted through this website, and can be initiated by a High School Senior Counselor, Varsity Coach, Director of a UIL sanctioned extracurricular activity, School Official (Principal, Assistant Principal), or by the Student him/herself.
- There is no limit to the number of candidates that can be nominated by a single counselor, coach, director, or high school administrator.
- Students can only be nominated once.
Nominations must include the name, telephone number, and email address of a High School Senior Counselor, or a School Official who will have access to academic information on the nominated student and who has the authority to certify its accuracy.
- All selected nominations will be verified by the Senior Counselor or School Official before the student will be considered as a potential Texas Scholar Award® candidate
- Nominations that do not have complete, or valid, Senior Counselor or School Official information provided will be not be accepted
Students must be high school seniors who excel in academics and demonstrate their diversity and leadership through current participation in UIL sanctioned extra-curricular activities and who meet the follow criteria:
- Will graduate with the Class of 2013
- Will graduate with a minimum overall GPA of 3.5 or equivalent
- Currently participates in at least one of the following sanctioned extracurricular activities:
- Business – accounting, computer science, computer applications
- Current Issues & Events
- Journalism – editorial writing, feature writing, headline writing, news writing
- Language Arts – literary criticism, ready writing, spelling & vocabulary
- Math & Science – Calculator applications, mathematics, number sense, science
- Social Studies
- Speech – cross examination debate, informative & persuasive speaking, Lincoln Douglas debate, poetry & prose interpretation
- Fall Sports - cross country, football, team tennis, volleyball
- Spring Sports – baseball, basketball, golf, soccer, softball, swimming & diving, tennis, track & field, wrestling
- Concert – band, choir, orchestra
- Marching Band
- Medium Ensemble
- Sight-Reading – band, choir, orchestra
- Solo & Small Ensemble
- State Solo Ensemble – Divisions 1 & 2 only
- State Wind Ensemble – Divisions 1 & 2 only
Other UIL Competition
- Drill Team
- One-Act Play